DISNEY CRUISE LINE
In the summer of 2022, Disney Cruise Line used our production and editing skills to help launch their newest ship, the magnificent Disney Wish. For 2 months, we lived on board her as she completed construction, were her first passengers on the crossing from Germany, and christened her before welcoming guests.
The Disney Wish is the first of the Triton-class ships, with a length of 341 meters and a displacement of 144,000 tons. It can accommodate up to 3466 passengers in 1238 cabins, with 1555 crew members. It entered service in June 2022 and brings the magic and fun of Disney to life in a thrilling, imaginative way.
The Disney Wish sails from Port Canaveral for three- and four-night itineraries to the Bahamas for the foreseeable future. You can also visit Disney’s private island Castaway Cay, where you can enjoy pristine beaches, water activities, and exclusive amenities.
Over the course of a few months, we supervised a creative team of editors who were tasked with a large assortment of daily duties. The bays consisted of individual state rooms, that were modified for our purposes and a large common area that was designed for edit bays during the christening cruises.
Here are some of the amazing features and attractions that you can enjoy on board the Disney Wish:
- AquaMouse: The first-ever Disney attraction at sea, this water coaster takes you on a splash-tacular adventure with Mickey and Minnie through 760 feet of winding tubes, special effects, and stunning views.
- Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge: A high-end bar inspired by the iconic locations from the Star Wars galaxy, where you can sip galactic cocktails and watch scenes from different planets through a virtual window.
- Disney’s Oceaneer Club: A kids club where children can explore themed areas such as Marvel Super Hero Academy, Fairytale Hall, Walt Disney Imagineering Lab, and Mickey and Friends Clubhouse.
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure: A theatrical dining experience where you can join Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven for a celebration of Frozen with live entertainment, interactive moments, and Nordic-inspired cuisine2.
- The Rose: A chic lounge that serves as the entrance to two upscale restaurants: Enchanté by Chef Arnaud Lallement and Palo Steakhouse. The Rose is inspired by Beauty and the Beast and features elegant décor and signature cocktails.